Updated: May 18
I would like to thank all my friends and colleagues for contributing to a wonderful year. 2019 was full of excitement on many levels ... I attended quite a few workshops, gave a few demos, participated in group shows, a two-person show, and had a solo exhibition ... all in one year. So thanks. I have much to be grateful for. Here are a few highlights of 2019.
- Workshops with artist friends - eco printing, drawing & painting, lumen printing, etc
- workshops with visiting artists - Susan Woolgar, Michael Shemchuk, Maria Josenhans
- traveled to artists workshops - Duncan, BC, Red Deer Alberta, Saanich (Victoria, BC)
- attended many interesting exhibitions - most in Vancouver BC
- took part in group exhibitions - Art Factory Displacement Show
- took part in a two-person show - Britannia Art Gallery, Vancouver BC
- had a solo show - The Gallery at the Cultch, Vancouver BC
- learned to make a newsletter on MailChimp. If you'd like to subscribe to the newsletter, send me a note on the website contact form, and I'll put you on the list.
I've posted photos of my exhibitions on Facebook and on Instagram. So have a look. I realize it's tough keeping up with all aspects of Social Media. In fact, that's one of the most difficult challenges ... to keep Social Media accounts up to date, and do the work required to grow as an artist as well.
I'll spend the first few months of the new year in 2020 recapping my experiences and travels in 2019, and then move on to what's new and current in my artmaking career, as I prepare for new exhibitions on the horizon.
Below is a triptych in acrylic on cradled panel titled "Listening"
The triptych measures 120 inches wide. Each panel measures 39.5" x 25.75" x 1.5"